Capcom revealed the details of the new competitive season
The competitive scene of the fight games, in particular of Street Fighter V, is ready, to begin with, a new season of Capcom Pro Tour and the Japanese company announced all the details of the third season of its competitive league.
Capcom Pro Tour 2018 will be the third season of the esports league organized by Capcom and in this edition, the star game will be Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, title of whose competitive scene will be the 32 best players in the world who will face for the glory in the Capcom Cup. Initially, the company informed that the prize pool for Capcom Pro Tour 2018 will be $ 600,000 USD and, as it happened in the previous edition, there will be one last opportunity to qualify the Capcom Cup via a tournament that will face 150 players from all over the world, where the winner will occupy the last place for the final tournament.
The structure of Capcom Pro Tour 2018 will be divided into Ranking, Premier and EVO 2018 competitions. As you know, participants of the Capcom competitive league will participate in different tournaments during the year and according to their performance will receive points that will place them in a table of positions, with the aim of defining the 32 participants of the Capcom Cup.
The Capcom Pro Tour 2018 Premier events will be face-to-face, while the Ranking tournaments will be held online and in person in 4 regions: North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. During the season, the players of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will face each other until eliminated and the best ones will face each other in the regional finals. In the case of Latin America, Ranking events will be held in the following tournaments:
- Game Over – Dominican Republic, April 28 and 29
- The Fight – Colombia, from June 8 to 10
- Fight in Rio – Brazil, July 21 and 22
- Furia Tica 2018 – Costa Rica, August 11
- Lima Salty – Peru, August 26 and 27
- First Attack – Puerto Rico, September 1 and 2
- Treta – Brazil, September
- Never Give Up – Chile, September 22 and 23
- Fighting Fest – Dominican Republic, September 29 and 30
- Thunderstruck – Mexico, October 6 and 7
- Buenos Aires True Salt – Argentina, October 13 and 14
- Jam Festival – Brazil, from October 19 to 21
In this way, everything is ready for the start of Capcom Pro Tour 2018, whose first event will be Final Round 2018, which will take place from March 16 to 18 in Atlanta, United States.
See More At TechLinkn.